Sunday, September 23, 2012

No Meat Week; Mean Meat?; The Fast Post

I haven't been making any meals with anyone lately, so I've been on a bit of a cooking up conversations fast. I also took this week as a break from meat after eating every kind of animal with my family last weekend. Chinese have a knack for finding ways to prepare every kind and every part of an animal. I'm not sure if this is just me, but I felt that I was more gentle and less aggressive than usual. Then when I started eating a little meat again, I felt a change. I would sometimes find it difficult to be caring and almost felt meaner. I've heard some vegetarians and vegans say they also felt less aggressive after giving up meat. I haven't done enough research to state this opinion with confidence, but perhaps people are more aggressive when they eat meat, because evolutionarily speaking, hunters had to have a certain amount of aggression to hunt and kill their prey. If anyone has more specific information on this, I'd love to hear what you've read or heard. Does meat make us meaner?

1 comment:

  1. I tried being a vegetarian for 2 months and by the end of it I was angry all of the time. Although that could be because I was eating Crossroads' vegan food everyday... Too many Celebratory Roasts and Sunshine Cutlets.

    ReplyDelete