Saturday, August 25, 2012

Julia’s 100th; Mastering the Art of Culinary Inspiration; No Excuses, No Explanations, No Regrets


So, I started this blog as a way to organize my thoughts, clear my head, and find a path towards my life passions. By combining my love of and interest in food, cooking, and people, I hoped to discover what I want to do with my life (at least at this stage and time). I don’t know if I’d call it fate or good inspirational timing, but as I was working on my blog, I saw the Google icon featured a tall, jolly-looking cartoon woman amongst an array of gourmet-looking foodstuffs. Julia Child! I scrolled over the icon and the description popped up, announcing “Julia Child’s 100th Birthday.” Oh! Luckily, the movie Julie and Julia was in the stack of DVDs I had checked out from the library, so I was able to satisfy my Julia Child craving by watching Nora Ephron’s depiction of the relationship between a government worker turned food-blogger and her idol, a government worker turned food icon. Every time I watch it, I marvel at Julia’s gutsy, spunky hoodzpa and Julie’s ability to push through all her challenges and accomplish what she set out to do: cover every recipe in Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking in 365 days and record each experience in a blog.

I love how she always has cats in her kitchen.
Now, I should make it known that I haven’t been a very consistent blogger in the past. My last blog about my stay in Paris lasted 6 posts and had 4 followers, all my close girlfriends. Even before the age of blogging, I couldn’t keep a diary for more than 2 days. But now, I’m determined to keep the conversations rolling and this blog cooking. With the timely inspirational appearance of my favorite food fairy (Julia Child- in case you spaced out while reading this), I promise to write a post at least once a week and always find time to cook and converse with friends. Finishing with a Julia-inspired mantra: No Excuses, No Explanations, and No Regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment